Why choose William Lilley?
- Our popular school has been at the heart of Stapleford community since 1907, and continues to be so 110 years later.
- We are a feeder school for George Spencer Academy. The majority of our children move onto Fairfield in Year 3 where 60 places are available for William Lilley children before moving on up into George Spencer.
- Ofsted inspected William Lilley in March 2017 and recognised the improvement since my appointment as headteacher and that the school continues to be good. Some of their comments are as follows;
- The friendly, caring ethos ensures that pupils enjoy coming to school. The curriculum is based on lively themes that interest pupils and make learning fun.
- There is a clear focus on ensuring that pupils make good progress during their time at the school.
- The safety and well-being of pupils and their families is a high priority for all staff and governors at the school.
- Parents are very supportive of the school and say it is a safe and happy place their children enjoy attending.
- Support for vulnerable pupils is closely focused on the individual needs of the pupils and their families.
- Good teaching is maintaining brisk rates of progress.
- We are now offering 30 hours free childcare for children in our Nursery. This enhances our well-established nursery which carefully individually supports the development of every child. The 30 hour offer adds to the current provision which include 15 hours every morning, 15 hours every afternoon, 15 hours for two and a half days. We currently have places, but these are filling up fast!
- Our Foundation Stage practice is excellent, building on children’s individual strengths through bespoke interactions which challenge and support excellent progress.
- William Lilley’s support for parents is exceptional; with weekly open mornings, ‘more cheers, less tears’ parent support group where parents can gain support from professionals on how to help their children at home before having an opportunity to chat with other parents, parent learning sessions, evening family activity sessions and for the past two years free holidays have been offered to support a number of families and transitions they may encounter.
- Our ‘Happy Hedgehogs’ specialised learning group, which is an environment which has been purposefully created to support the inclusion of children with additional needs. The children who access this unit have the opportunity to successfully integrate into mainstream school whilst also having their individual needs carefully supported in their classroom alongside our on-site sensory room and new calming ‘treehouse’ room.
- Our new playground renovation adds to our exceptional outdoor learning spaces which include a large field, tyre park, sensory garden, ‘forest schools’ environment, gardening plot and large outdoor Foundation stage environment which supports children’s development through their play.
The local Authority admissions is now open and we have places available for Reception 2018.
Please call the school on 0115 9179277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to come and have a look at what we can offer you!