In Year 2 we work really hard to improve our reading and we need your help by reading 4 times a week at home and recording this in your child's reading diary. Diaries will be kept in school and checked on a Thursday night.
Homework - A new sheet will be in your child's homework book on a Friday. Please have this back in school by Wednesday so that lots of PROUD points can be earned!
Things I can do by the end of Year 2!
Get a PROUD point every time you tick something off the list!
- Make a sandwich
- Make your own bed
- Know your full name, birthday and address
- Learn your phone number
- Dress yourself
- Wash your own face and clean your teeth
- Put on and do up your coat
- Write your full name
- Tie shoe laces
- Write a letter to someone and post it
- Learn to ride a bike, a scooter or roller skate or get better at it
- Learn to swim a few strokes by yourself
- Recognise some trees, flowers or birds
- Sing a song to someone
- Use money to buy something at a shop (with a grown-up)
- Do a job in the house to help your grown ups
- Learn to say "Hello" in another language
- Learn to tell the time
- Use a knife and fork to cut up and eat your dinner
- Get your things ready for school – reading folder, water bottle etc
- Know the number to phone in an emergency. What would you say?
- Know the parts of your body
- Draw a straight line using a ruler
- Use scissors to cut accurately
- Know the rules of Road Safety to safely cross the road