Phonics Screening results 2017
- 78.4% of children passed the phonics screening check, this was an increase of 35.1 percentage points in the number of pupils working at the expected standard from 2016.
- 85.2% of boys achieved the standard in Y1.
- Positive gap of 8.4 in favour of Black and Minority Ethnic pupils in Y1.
- Positive gap of 20.8% in favour of children with English as an Additional Language in Y1.
- 79.4% of pupils achieved the standard, when retested in Y2, which is above district of 68.5% and above LA of 61%
- 100% of girls achieved the standard, when retested in Y2.