The Government allocate funding directly to all primary and infant schools to support the provision of quality PE/sport. We use this funding to enhance the quality our PE provision and opportunities for our children including;
1. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
2. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
3. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
For more information please see our Primary PE and Sports funding action plan by clicking on the links below: